Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Beware, the snow drivers are about

Despite all the snow & freezing conditions, it’s comforting to see that the roads are still infested with the arrogant, the selfish & the plain idiotic. I have often wondered where to buy a car that allows me to ignore the rules of the road, negate common courtesy or consideration for other road users & where the elements, no matter how adverse, simply don’t apply to me.
Today, as more snow sweeps relentlessly across the Midlands, additional chaos is wrought by those immune from treacherous road conditions, traffic jams & sensible driving.  The arrogant (usually in a big saloon or 4 x 4) maintain their pomposity by simply driving where they like – hurling slush & snow into the path of more careful drivers, weaving about & cutting in without indicating. Meanwhile the selfish ‘I can go faster than you’ vans or small delivery vehicles, career around because nothing is going to stop them – snow, traffic holdups, road works, traffic lights, even accidents.
Finally, of course, there are the idiots. They can be found driving anything that moves, though mostly cars. They have an inalienable right to behave in a manner that defies all known laws of motion, gravity, humanity & plain common sense.
Well, it’s still snowing, the roads are bad, there’s certainly a queue building up, so I think it’s time to see if I can get the 5 miles down the bypass in under 3 mins. I don't see why not.